Friday, April 22, 2016

A year on....

Today marks a year my life changed as started dialysis due to Kidney failure. It has been a tough year with two cornea transplants as well. Friends and family distanced themselves as I plodded on, many a time confined to my room, hapless as the world went by. In terms of finance it put a strain as I have not been gainfully employed for the past year. Even in the field of Hockey those in power discarded my work to help their own. Self belief and help of some very kind people helped me through this trying time. The battle has not been won as the war has just started but I will plod on as I have to given the fact I have an 84 year old dad to look after. Broken promises by those who claimed they would help were plenty but I took it in my stride as I told myself my kidneys did not work but these people were in a more sorry state as their brains stopped working. To all those who helped me over the journey for the past year, suffice to say you know who you are, and God will reward you. To those who turned your backs, I pray you find peace. And those who were and still out to destroy me, I beg Gods forgiveness for you.